Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Thomas

          My flat mate, Thomas, was really kind to me when we first met.  It was because he had a crush on me, but I was just happy to have a friend.  His English is very good and we both like the same music, so we became close quite quickly.  He invited me to a barbeque with his friends the first weekend I was there, and I obviously accepted since I had nothing better to do.  Tom is doing something like a co-op for Hewlett Packard, so he goes to their school for a few months then goes to work for them for a few months.  All of his friends at the barbeque that evening were his colleagues from HP.  They were quirky, but I’m used to hanging out with nerds, so I felt pretty comfortable even though they were chatting in German.  Tom was even nice enough to answer their questions in English etc. so I could pick up on the conversation.  I ate my first Weisswurst despite the fact that sausage freaks me out, and it was actually quite good.  I’ve hung out with Tom and his friends a few times since then, and they’re just like students I know from the US.  Are they supposed to be that different?

No comments:

Post a Comment