Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Politics

               One thing that has come up in conversation much more than I am comfortable with is politics.  Europeans are crazy about politics!  Everyone always asks me what I think about Obama how he compares to Bush and such.  It’s great if you’re a political science major, but not so great if you’re an Engineer who knows nothing about it.  I almost feel dumb when people ask me about it, because I really have no response.  My German teacher asked me to describe Obama, and I did not even know what to say in English, let alone German.  One thing I would advise you to do if you travel abroad is do your political homework first!  Even if you only know a bit, it’ll be a lot less embarrassing than the situation I put myself in.

Side note: As I’m writing this I can hear the tone-deaf girl next door singing, again, some terrible tune that I cannot even distinguish.  One day it was “Zombie” by the Cranberries.  That day was the worst, yet I am still sitting here with earplugs in my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment