Tuesday, January 25, 2011

American Holidays in Germany Part 2

Thanksgiving was just as much fun, although slightly more stressful.  My friend, Kate, and I threw the Thanksgiving feast.  Do you know how hard it is to find 15 kilos of turkey in Germany on one day’s notice??  I pulled it off though; I bought four birds and a breast, and managed to successfully cook them all in three separate ovens in three different apartments.   I was running around all day like an idiot in my sweats with a meat thermometer (which we had to search three different stores for), but I made it work.  Fifteen pounds of mashed potatoes and thirty pounds of turkey…check!  The night turned out to be a huge success- between our two apartments we had about 50 international students over for dinner.  The Americans brought the traditional favorites, and the other international students brought dishes from their home countries for us all to try.  It was nice that everyone came, because there were people in my apartment that I hadn’t gotten the chance to meet until then.  Everyone was so thankful for the party; it was really great to hear their appreciation.   You feed people, they’re happy!
Thanksgiving- The Aftermath

No comments:

Post a Comment