Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Body Odor

              Something that really grossed me out when I first got here was body odor.  Now it didn’t help being stuck in the same room for 6 hours with no air circulation (we couldn’t open the windows because the street was too noisy), but it was still pretty gross.  After I bought my first stick of deodorant here, though, I came to a realization.  Practically no one here uses a stick deodorant.  There are rows and rows of roll-ons and sprays, but only this tiny section for stick deodorant.  Is that why people smell?  Or do they just not apply deodorant ever?  I must admit, the roll-on kind is pretty uncomfortable.  You have to roll it on, and it’s always freezing against your skin.  Then you have to stand there shirtless, waving your arms around like an idiot to get it to dry.  I hated it so much that I now have three different deodorants here.  Trial and error at its finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment